Emailing is very generous nowadays and often many cognitive brands prefer email marketing strategy at glance to increase revenue, in shorter-time.
Perhaps, marketer have kinds of email marketing practices but the most popular kind is HTML emails that include everything fonts, color, elements, format, links, and other graphics which is just opposite of plain text-based email practices.
However, plain text emails are also a way to direct your opt-in subscribers to a particular subject but it lacks offer instant conversion.
If you will ask me, which is better: text-based emails or HTML? I prefer going with HTML as it is a trend and recommended by a host of respondents.
In a survey conducted by Hubspot in 2011 and 2014 – both years a majority chose HTML.
So, thereby you know HTML emails are win-win practice for email marketers.
In this post, we’ll explain the basics of text-based emails along with it’s pros and cons so that you come-in-the-good position to choose the best option for you.
What are Plain Text Emails?
Understanding this old-running email is absolutely not hard. Plain text emails forge simple, direct, and informational messages that contain text without any additional flair, such as fonts, colors, or design elements.
Moreover, these kinds of emails are more specific to the subject not including images or links.
The simple and pure example of such types of emails could be both formal and informal invitations of brother marriage, a thank you message when you subscribe or sign up, etc.
In alternate words, these emails are like plain text, very much equivalent to a letter written on a typewriter—no images, no pretty fonts, no hyperlinks.
Even if it could be written by a 10 year old boy or girl…! Yes, it is that simple.
Talking about the anatomy of plain text emails consists of only five major elements.
- Receiver Name
- Body (actual message)
- Additional message (optional) specifically a CTA.
- Sender Name
Pros of Plain Text Emails
- They’re better for one-on-one email correspondence. Where plain content messages truly dominate is with direct mail advertisements and updates. They’re innately close to home, and offer fast, clean data with no additional puff.
- They load rapidly. No buffering times required for plain content messages, since there’s very little to stack in any case.
- They work on each gadget. Portable, tables, work areas, PCs… and so on, and plain content messages work on it, as well. While with HTML, you need to stress over specific highlights getting twisted while going from one gadget to another, plain content shows up just like regardless of where you open it.
- They’re more open to those with incapacities. Numerous people require the utilization of read-so anyone might hear programming for email. The yield can be mistaken for HTML, be that as it may, since there are pictures and arranging switches breaking around the content. With plain content, the message is direct and runs over noisy and clear.
Other than this, plain-text emails have higher deliverability, fewer technical issues, higher open and clicks. Additionally, they are more personal and have a promising future.
Cons of Plain Text Emails
- Their designing isn’t dependent upon you. At the point when you utilize plain content in your email promoting, your messages are sent with ASCII text, giving you no power over their organizing. Your beneficiaries may see the picture separated in a manner you didn’t plan, or with an unexpected text style in comparison to what you initially utilized.
- They’re not as engaging. While they do make yourself clear briefly, plain content messages do not have the fun and drawing in contacts that you get from including inserted highlights. With little to draw the eye, the effect of your message is 100% dependent on the duplicate.
- They interface less. Plain content messages don’t bode well for showcasing messages with a greeting page CTA since, without links, you can’t straightforwardly drive traffic there.
- They’re harder to quantify. Every one of those connections make the moves beneficiaries make on HTML messages amazingly simple to quantify. Not so for plain content messages, where your solitary genuine estimation is who keeps in touch with you back.
Plain text emails require additional fundamentals to eye on that help you make them accurate and precisely effective. However, the same rule passes for HTML concern as well, but plain text emails are simple and so easy to work.
Remember, to follow these several checklist:
- Avoid long reads
- Highlight headlines
- Include enough white space
- Make your CTA stand out
- Don’t overuse links
- Test your emails (optional)
Now, the basic question arises here is – Are plain-text emails the right solution for your business?
Since, the advantages of plain text emails surpass the cons so the reply is supposed to be YES and additionally many companies use it and so you can too.